Blessings ~

Practice gratitude, gratitude, gratitude, gratitude, gratitude, gratitude, gratitude, gratitude, gratitude, gratitude, gratitude, gratitude, gratitude, gratitude, gratitude, gratitude ~

Sunday, September 18, 2011

Diet Divine Continued ~ Planning for Spiritual Fitness

Excerpt from a sermon preached today in Marblehead ~

None of us can craft the Diet Divine for another.  I can only know mine.  When I am at my most spiritually fit self, I have plunged into the water recently, preferably ocean or lake, I have lost myself in figure drawing for three hours in the week, I have read somewhere I could hear the wind or better yet feel it, my feet have touched sand, I have used lavender soap and lit a candle while I bathed or showered, I have had real conversations each day, I have given things away to strangers, I have served others, I have listened to music, I have helped a special child swim, delivered myself to beauty over and over again.  I have spent time stretching my body, helping it be strong and healthy so my soul is more free to experience our world, I have touched people and been touched, I have sat quietly listening, I have sat quietly watching, I have say quietly thinking.
When are you most spiritually fit? 
And how will you feed your spirit today?   In the coming week?  What will be in your Diet Divine?  And what might it be like if we viewed this nourishment as every bit as important as what we put into our body or how we work it out?  And this one piece, connection – what would it be like if we saw that as essential as air or water?  As essential and as powerful ~

No comments:

Post a Comment