Blessings ~

Practice gratitude, gratitude, gratitude, gratitude, gratitude, gratitude, gratitude, gratitude, gratitude, gratitude, gratitude, gratitude, gratitude, gratitude, gratitude, gratitude ~

Sunday, January 8, 2012

Sabbatical Writings ~

      I am so very fortunate to have been called to a vocation in a faith that values the tradition of sabbatical leave for its parish ministers. As a result of that, & with enormous gratitude to the wonderful folks in the Unitarian Universalist congregation of Marblehead, MA, I am currently on sabbatical until the end of March. I am using three months of my time on sabbatical to study Spanish in Mexico, feed my spirit, explore new ways of 'being' in each day and in the world but also to do some writing.
      For over two years, I have been engaged in co-leading a monthly interfaith worship service specifically designed for people with special needs, their family and friends.  Many have asked about the program.  People within my own faith community, people within the advocacy community and people within the special needs community.  My commitment to them, and to my co-leaders, is to spend time over the next three months writing about our journey to the creation of this program, what has worked, our growing edges and why each of us is firmly committed to seeing it continue and to grow. 
     So, for those who have been waiting, I'll begin a week from tomorrow.  For those who come here looking for ways to engage their own spiritual selves ~ I encourage you to read along AND I will also be taking time to post reflections from my sabbatical time engaged in deepening my own spiritual self!   
     Many thanks to all readers, regardless of what pulls you to include a moment here at Living Values ~ Valuing Lives.

No comments:

Post a Comment